My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a wife, mother and grandma who enjoys the many aspects of homemaking. A variety of interests and hobbies combined with travel keep me active. They reflect the importance of family, friends, home and good food.
Cook ingredients that you are used to cooking by other techniques, such as fish, chicken, or hamburgers. In other words be comfortable with the ingredients you are using.
--Bobby Flay

For Your Information

Please watch this area for important information like updates, food recalls, polls, contests, coupons, and freebies.
  • [March 19, 2020] - Effective Mar 17, this blog will no longer accept advertising. The reason is very simple. If I like a product, I will promote it without compensation. If I don't like a product, I will have no problem saying so.
  • [March 17, 2020] - A return to blogging! Stay tuned for new tips, resources and all things food related.
  • [February 1, 2016] - An interesting report on why you should always choose organic tea verses non-organic: Toxic Tea (pdf format)
  • Sticky Post - Warning: 4ever Recap reusable canning lids. The reports are growing daily of these lids losing their seal during storage. Some have lost their entire season's worth of canning to these seal failures! [Update: 4ever Recap appears to be out of business.]

Popular Posts

Friday, August 19, 2011

My New Kitchen Purchases

I have often bragged about my Jenn-Air range with the interchangeable cartridges and extra capacity oven.  Don't get me wrong as I really love that range but with the sale of this house and moving on I have decided on moving on with ranges as well.  I grew up cooking with natural gas.  That's the only thing I knew back then besides a charcoal grill.  Over the years I have learned to cook on electric, wood and a variety of other fuels.  My beloved Jenn-Air will not fit the alotted space and it's white which worked well for this kitchen but not my new kitchen.  So yesterday we went shopping and spend just a bit more than anticipated but I have a new gas range for my kitchen.  The gas range is heavy duty so I will no longer have to worry about the canner.  It is a 5 burner Whirlpool gas range of which I will talk about more once delivered and set up.  I wanted dual fuel with gas cook top and electric oven but apparently those are falling out of favour so I went with all gas.  One of my kids is taking the Jenn-Air so I can visit.  At any rate so I'm happy to be going back to natural gas cooking. Using natural gas is about a third of the price of electricity so we will be saving right off the bat.

We also bought a new dishwasher because clearly the one in the house is not what we want.  Call me a snob but the existing dishwasher had to go.  We also went with Whirlpool rather than my coveted Bosch but I have my reasons for doing so of which I will discuss when then new dishwasher is installed.  We also bought a really cute bar stool breakfast set for the kitchen and a new dining room set.  Tomorrow we get to deal with the wonderful (aka friend) salesmen for our new bedroom furniture.  That's going to take a bit more but at least we have kitchen and dining room set for the move that is in less than two weeks!


0 food lovers commented: