My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a wife, mother and grandma who enjoys the many aspects of homemaking. A variety of interests and hobbies combined with travel keep me active. They reflect the importance of family, friends, home and good food.
Cook ingredients that you are used to cooking by other techniques, such as fish, chicken, or hamburgers. In other words be comfortable with the ingredients you are using.
--Bobby Flay

For Your Information

Please watch this area for important information like updates, food recalls, polls, contests, coupons, and freebies.
  • [March 19, 2020] - Effective Mar 17, this blog will no longer accept advertising. The reason is very simple. If I like a product, I will promote it without compensation. If I don't like a product, I will have no problem saying so.
  • [March 17, 2020] - A return to blogging! Stay tuned for new tips, resources and all things food related.
  • [February 1, 2016] - An interesting report on why you should always choose organic tea verses non-organic: Toxic Tea (pdf format)
  • Sticky Post - Warning: 4ever Recap reusable canning lids. The reports are growing daily of these lids losing their seal during storage. Some have lost their entire season's worth of canning to these seal failures! [Update: 4ever Recap appears to be out of business.]

Popular Posts

Friday, August 15, 2008

Fluff Salad

The neat thing about kids who learn to love food and enjoy cooking at an early age is they develop their own style. At some point they become the teacher teaching the teacher that taught them. That sentence should count for something! I'm not much of dessert person at the best of times and there is only so many ways you can present a bowl of fruit. Yes, I know my family is deprived not having dessert daily. Last year and before our newest member to the family was in the family as they were waiting on the visa so they could get married, we had a huge celebration at our house complete with a pig roast to celebrate a milestone wedding anniversary. The kids (now in Wisconsin) made one of the desserts.

Fluff Salad

I have seen fruit salads made with CoolWhip® and in fact my mother-in-law used to make a really nice one although I think is used sour cream that my husband loves. Hmm, maybe if I make it for him the speed at getting my kitchen done might go up a notch! Ok, back to reality.

This dessert was a huge hit! I've had several people ask for the recipe. I asked them to take pictures and send the recipe the next time they made it. Mars bars were originally manufactured in the UK then imported to Canada. It is a sweeter version of the Milky Way bar produced in the US. Mars bars were at one time available in Canada but not the US so if you can't find either of the bars in the recipe, try a Milky Way bar.

Fluff Salad

1 Jar of Marsh-mellow Fluff®
4 Mars bars (or Snickers)
1 Jar of Cherries
4 Diced Apples
1 Pkg of Cream Cheese
1 Tin of Coolwhip®

[Chop the Mars bar and cherries into bite size pieces.] Mix, Chill & Serve


0 food lovers commented: