My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a wife, mother and grandma who enjoys the many aspects of homemaking. A variety of interests and hobbies combined with travel keep me active. They reflect the importance of family, friends, home and good food.
Cook ingredients that you are used to cooking by other techniques, such as fish, chicken, or hamburgers. In other words be comfortable with the ingredients you are using.
--Bobby Flay

For Your Information

Please watch this area for important information like updates, food recalls, polls, contests, coupons, and freebies.
  • [March 19, 2020] - Effective Mar 17, this blog will no longer accept advertising. The reason is very simple. If I like a product, I will promote it without compensation. If I don't like a product, I will have no problem saying so.
  • [March 17, 2020] - A return to blogging! Stay tuned for new tips, resources and all things food related.
  • [February 1, 2016] - An interesting report on why you should always choose organic tea verses non-organic: Toxic Tea (pdf format)
  • Sticky Post - Warning: 4ever Recap reusable canning lids. The reports are growing daily of these lids losing their seal during storage. Some have lost their entire season's worth of canning to these seal failures! [Update: 4ever Recap appears to be out of business.]

Popular Posts

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Update & Fruit Smoothies

There has been a lot going on lately meaning a heavy dose of relying of food I previously made also known as Once a Month Cooking (OAMC) but I wanted to touch base with my loyal readers. Last night we ate out. We both had fish and no green beer but it was a nice outing. Tonight a couple of the kids are home so I threw in the traditional Sunday roast with fixings. That's likely not to be very interesting as I've already blogged on how I do those.

Along comes this problem and if you've read me on the Yahoo groups, you will know I'm terrified of dentists. Ok, I'm not even going to go as mild as terrified as I start getting the day the appointment is made. Tomorrow my nice new very friendly dentist will extract an impacted wisdom tooth that should have been according to him removed well over 20 year ago. In my mind and know what I went through in November, I know this tooth needs to come out. So in honour of that and knowing I won't be eating solid food for a few days, here is how I make fruit smoothies, something I will be making a lot of.

Fruit Smoothies
1 banana
3-5 frozen strawberries
1/2 c frozen blue berries
2-4 pc frozen watermelon
1/2 c plain yogurt
1/2 c unsweetened orange juice

Blend the ingredients in a blender. Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Serves 2 plus a little


2 food lovers commented:

Casa De Galletti said...

Remember, NO using straws in those smoothies - no dry sockets! DH had 3 wisdom teeth removed in July so I feel for you. He felt that the worst pain afterwards was his jaw hurting from being held open at maximum for so long.

Garden Gnome said...

Well, I got a bit of a reprieve and it only cost me $480. I'm sporting two nice new "white" fillings but he couldn't get my mouth froze enough for the extraction. I go back on Thursday for the first of four cleanings because they divide the mouth into quadrants. That's only going to cost $170 each. It sure is nice to know what I'm paying for this kind of torture! He agrees with my doctor that the tooth should have been out back when I was a teenager. So I'm not sure if he is going to try pulling it Thursday or not. Thanks so much for the tip on no straws. I don't smoke so that is a real pluss according to my dentist but I've heard a lot about dry sockets. They don't sound like something I need!