My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a wife, mother and grandma who enjoys the many aspects of homemaking. A variety of interests and hobbies combined with travel keep me active. They reflect the importance of family, friends, home and good food.
Cook ingredients that you are used to cooking by other techniques, such as fish, chicken, or hamburgers. In other words be comfortable with the ingredients you are using.
--Bobby Flay

For Your Information

Please watch this area for important information like updates, food recalls, polls, contests, coupons, and freebies.
  • [March 19, 2020] - Effective Mar 17, this blog will no longer accept advertising. The reason is very simple. If I like a product, I will promote it without compensation. If I don't like a product, I will have no problem saying so.
  • [March 17, 2020] - A return to blogging! Stay tuned for new tips, resources and all things food related.
  • [February 1, 2016] - An interesting report on why you should always choose organic tea verses non-organic: Toxic Tea (pdf format)
  • Sticky Post - Warning: 4ever Recap reusable canning lids. The reports are growing daily of these lids losing their seal during storage. Some have lost their entire season's worth of canning to these seal failures! [Update: 4ever Recap appears to be out of business.]

Popular Posts

Monday, February 26, 2007

Chicken Loaf

There is nothing better than comfort food when the wind is howling bringing freezing rain and snow. Yesterday we were still under the effects of the Colorado Clipper as it made its way northwest. I decided a chicken loaf combined with homegrown peas, pickled beets, oven baked potatoes and Asiago cheese would make a nice comfort meal.

Chicken Loaf

I started with 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts but you could use other chicken pieces, deboned with skin removed. I ground them twice then proceeded to make the loaf. This is a recipe I created and will likely tweak a bit more.

This firm loaf is moist, tasty and low fat. It slices nicely, just perfect for making sandwiches the next day.

Chicken Loaf

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lb)
2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 carrot, grated
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp carrot powder
2 tsp zucchini powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 c dry bread crumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten

Cut the chicken into strips, grind twice with food grinder. Mix in the other ingredients well. Place mixture onto silicone baking sheet or parchment paper on a baking sheet. Form into a loaf. Bake at 350ºF (325ºF convection) for 40 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.

My notes: I intended to add shredded zucchini as well but it was in the garage freezer and I didn't feel like going out in the freezing rain. Next time I will add about 1 c drained zucchini and reduce the zucchini powder to 1 tsp. The vegetables keep this loaf moist and tasty.


0 food lovers commented: